Monday, February 15, 2010

Adjusting

As was reported in our last entry, Simon’s delivery went very well. Everything happened easier and faster this time around, so we certainly can’t complain. Em and Simon recovered quickly and were itching to leave the hospital after a couple of days. Belgian docs want moms/babies to stick around for 5 days after delivery for recuperation, observation, and blood work. Em was bored and longing for her own mattress, so she managed to escape by day 4.

It was so much fun having Mom and Dad here. They helped us finish up several projects and spoiled us with great meals and several mornings sleeping in. James was positively ruined by all of the attention and (even 10 days after their departure), he continues to mention them on a daily basis. We have been on our own with 2 kids for a several days now, and we’ve decided that the crazy/hectic factor in your home doesn’t just double with the addition of another kid… it increases exponentially. Em has flown solo with the boys only a few times and is a bit nervous that Jay’s paternity leave will be finished after this week. She is trying to be positive and take a lesson from James’ favorite book…”I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…”

Simon is doing well and growing quickly. He looks a lot like James did as a newborn only he has chubby cheeks, so his face is rounder. This is due to Simon being a skilled and voracious eater from the get-go. He has gained 1 kilo (2.2 lbs) in 4 weeks. We are grateful that Simon is such a mellow baby and puts up with James’ over-zealous expressions of adoration. We are very excited for Simon to meet some of you during our visit to the States in March/April.

No comments: